Thursday, Jan. 26: Dog Juggling

In Which Debbi Spends Most of the Day Maintaining Animal Peace

Back when I lived in South Berwick and had two dogs, Gretel and Robin, my stay-at-home boyfriend one day complained that he felt like a butler for dogs. All he did all day was let the damn dogs in and out, he said.

(I tried to make life more exciting for him. Once I jumped into a pile of leaves and emerged with a block of wood nailed to my foot and after I hopped about a quarter mile home, he got to drive me to the emergency room. I guess it wasn't enough for him, though. :-(  )

Anyway, I know how he felt, regarding the dogs, especially after today. Every time I went into the kitchen, which is accessed by a gate, I had to think, "OK, now, which dog can be in the same room with the pig and which dog has to be herded out to the non-kitchen living quarters?" Because, dear reader, I cannot afford any more $600 trips to the vet, so must avoid the Chrissie-shih tzu-piglet combination..

We hypothesize that Chrissie, the Aussie, was trying to protect Violet when she attacked Dotti and pulled out his eye. So, assuming Chrissie won't be getting a lobotomy, we predict that she'll strike again if the situation repeats itself.

Ooooh. Lobotomy. I hadn't thought of that before. That might solve all our problems! And be cheaper in the long run, too!

1 comment:

  1. ...and who will be receiving the lobotomy? Human or animal?? ;)

    LOVE your blog. Secretly, I wanted you to take the under-pig (aka Violet) just so I could read your stories about living with her. Oops, it's not a secret anymore.

    ReplyDelete